- “Training course in environmental auditing” is designed to provide knowledge for working with environmental issues, including recognising environmental problems, selecting relevant audit topics, developing suitable audit criteria and audit methodology, and making meaningful recommendations. The knowledge and skills this course covers:
- Module 1: Introduction to auditing;
- Module 2: Auditing the environment and sustainable development; and
- Module 3: Review.
- The areas covered under this programme are AUDIT IN PUBLIC SECTOR, ENVIRONMENTAL AUDIT, BIODIVERSITY, CLIMATE CHANGE, WASTE, WATER and WRAP-UP. The course modules and training material have been prepared by different SAIs (Norway, Estonia, Finland, Brazil, USA, and India) who will also come to iCED Jaipur to deliver these modules. The Course Directors are Ms Tuuli Rasso from SAI Estonia and Ms Nameeta Prasad from SAI India.
- Before coming for the programme, participants are expected to do home study about environment issues in their country. To facilitate easier understanding, a template for pre-course learning will be drawn up and circulated to all the participants by end of September. This will ease their understanding of issues in environment and auditing and allow them to benefit more from the course modules. The pre-course template will be circulated to the participants in mid-September.
- During the duration of the course, the participants will be tutored by the Course Directors as well as the trainers who would come a little before their planned modules to mentor the participants. Participants will be encouraged to keep a daily dairy of the things they learnt during the day or things they need further clarity on, which can then be discussed with mentors.
- At the end of the course, participants are expected to write a paper about how to plan audit of a selected environment issue, of importance to the SAI. This paper will be discussed individually by the participants with one or more mentors.